According to LinkedIn, companies are using new and innovative recruiting strategies including:
- Holding national hiring days to generate interest in their brand & employment opportunities.
- Using employees to help craft authentic stories about their experiences with their company's brand.
- Developing "top priority" talent pipelines so that strategic corporate objectives can be met.
- Doing 100% remote college recruiting, thereby expanding their pool of candidates.
- Freeing up time for recruiters by using AI and machine learning.
- Doing text interviews as a way of saving time and money.
- Seeking ways to reduce stress felt during the recruiting process.
Millennials & GenZ Now Front & Center
Those who are part of the Millennial and GenZ generations have unique characteristics that companies must cater to in order to be successful in recruiting these cohorts. These include a desire for freedom and collaboration, an inclusive and transparent culture and a lively and hardworking environment. Millennial and GenZ are now coming to the fore as more and more Baby Boomers retire each day.
Recruiting & Retaining Millennials & GenZ Employees
According to a Forbes Expert Panel there are seven ways to recruit and retain Millennials and GenZ.
- Create a workplace comfortable and satisfying to be in.
- Provide a roadmap and outline of a new employee's likely career path.
- Create a fun workplace.
- Make the work environment that supports new employees.
- As you get to know Millennials and GenZ you'll find they are easy to get along with.
- Provide employees with continuous learning opportunities and an environment that encourages and motivates students.
Shiru Cafe's Experiential Methods Deepen Relationships
Shiru Cafe provides an experiential recruiting method that drives deeper relationships between employers and students through innovative approaches to that disrupt the traditional landscape of corporate recruiting.
Shiru Cafe's mission is to provide opportunities and information to help students forge more meaningful relationships with the outside world. Their values include: knowledge (shiru), diversity, economic prosperity and societal progress, entrepreneurial spirit and sustainability.
Shiru Cafe encourages students to be adventuresome, creative, ambitious, inclusive, innovative, personable and excited. Shiru Cafe provides coffee, events, meetups, work life knowledge, networking and internship and job opportunities.
Students who connect with Shiru Cafe are developing better connections and expanding their networks. With the knowledge they get from attending Shiru Cafe events they are more likely to make better decisions about their future.
While Shiru Cafe seeks to use the best and most innovative recruiting technology, their core principle is to provide experiential rather than transactional experiences.
Shiru Cafe prefers face-to-face meetings over online meetings whether in small groups, interviews and full cafe events. They believe their approach allows both students and sponsors to capitalize on Shiru's experiential offerings. All events attended from freshman year on drive deeper connections between students and employers. And Shiru assists companies with creating a narrative around their company brand and offerings.
The Steady March of Technological Progress
The following technologies according to the WEF are set to impact the future of global business, work & society: