ENRISSION Inc. (“Shiru Café”)
Last modified: 20th February 2018
This Policy applies to information we collect:
• on the Website; and
• in email, text, or other electronic messages between you and the Website.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
• any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you are deemed to agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time, as further indicated in Article 8. Your continued use of the Website after we make such changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Article 1: Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
“Furthermore, by reading and accepting this Policy, you affirm that you are 18 years of age or older and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy and in our “Website Terms of Service” provided for on the Website. If you are under the age of 18, you represent that a parent or legal guardian agrees to the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy and in our “Website Terms of Service” on your behalf.”
Article 2: Data Collection
The purpose of the Website is to provide users with interactive online access to information, resources, and services that enhance users’ understanding of the Company’s services and, from time to time, facilitate purchases of the Company’s services. In order to facilitate the foregoing, we may collect, without limitation, the following types of personally identifiable information through the Website:
• Contact Information (name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address);
• College or University Information (name of college or university, division in college or university, student identification number, academic year, expected graduation year, department and/or major);
• Purchasing Information (credit card information, billing and/or shipping information, product information); and
• Demographic Information (age, gender, nationality, personal and professional interests, and other preferences).
Article 3: Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may also use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
• information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests;
• speed up your searches; and
• recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include the following:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use locally stored objects (or “Flash Cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Article 4: How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• to present the Website and its contents to you;
• to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
• to fulfill any other purpose which you provide;
• to provide you with notices about your account/registration, including expiration and renewal notices;
• to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• to notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website;
• in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
• for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you in the future about our own additional goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us via the information provided in Article 10.
Article 5: Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregate information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. We may further disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
• to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
• to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
• to comply with any court order, law, or legal proceeding, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• to enforce or apply our “Website Terms of Service” and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
• if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others;
• for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information; or
• with your consent.
Article 6: User Options
Users of the Website are subject to the Company’s “Website Terms of Service” provided for on the Website. In the event that we collect any information from you which you wish to retrieve, update, modify, or have deleted, you should contact us as set forth in Article 10 hereunder.
Article 7: Data Security
We have implemented measures reasonably designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Article 8: Changes to this Policy
We recognize the need to update this Policy to reflect new features and services provided by the Company and/or ensure compliance with applicable law. We reserve the right to update this Policy as we deem necessary. If there are changes or additions to this Policy, we will post those changes on this page of the Website or in other formats for review. If we make material changes to how we treat your information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date email address for you and for periodically visiting the Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
Article 9: Severability
If any term or provision of this Policy is deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Policy or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon a determination that any term or provision herein is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the court may modify this Policy to effect the original intent of the parties herein as closely as possible in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible permitted by law.
Article 10: Contact Information
Questions or concerns regarding the Website and/or this Policy may be directed to SHIRU CAFE Global Office (SAKURA BLD. Imadegawa Ⅱ-2-E, Imadegawa-cho 313, Imadegawa-dori, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 602-0033, Japan) or via e-mail to email@example.com